Video content is what is becoming more and more popular all over the world from year to year. In 2018, each Internet user spent an average of 67 minutes a day watching videos on the web; in 2020, people already spent no less than 84 minutes with the very same purpose. The dynamics of the indicator for 2021 have yet to be digitized, but the increase will clearly be more than 30%, especially if we take into account the self-isolation factor.
According to data for 2020, video content has become popular among all groups of the population. Therefore, video marketing is a tool that today simply cannot be neglected if you seriously decide to grow in the digital environment. With its help, you can promote your products and services, drive traffic to your site, find a new audience, and increase customer loyalty. In short, video content is the future. Let’s talk about the impact of video content marketing on B2B sales and ways of getting the maximum out of it.
What Can Video Content Do for Your Business?
In 2016, 61% of companies actively used video in their promotion strategy. At the beginning of 2020, this figure grew to a booming 85% for all types of businesses. By early 2020, around 92% of marketers considered video marketing a must-have tool for company development. And there are a couple of good reasons for the creation of a well-versed video marketing strategy.
1. Video Makes It Easy To Perceive Content
Videos belong to the content type that requires a minimum of effort to grasp any type of info. No need to read, no need to scroll – just sit and watch! See what the company is offering, how a particular product looks like, how you can use it, and what it can do for you. This is how video content works in both B2B and B2C areas.
2. Video Boosts Content Information Capacity
Just a minute of video will provide a user with the same amount of information as 3-4 pages of text. In 10 seconds of the video, you can show how, for example, a drill or a vacuum cleaner works, or what makes your dental scanner so special. Today, when time is lacking for everyone, it is important to think about content information capacity. And video content will work as effective customer service for your audience.
3. Video Makes Your Company More Visible
It is the video that gives the most vivid idea of how your product looks, how it functions, how it can be assembled, and how the process of providing a service takes place. It is for this reason that large online stores are trying to supplement text descriptions and photos of popular goods with demo videos.
4. Video Makes You Easy To Remember
Even a text is perceived better if it is accompanied by visuals. And video content allows each user to remember important characteristics of a product without even focusing on it. Everything happens naturally.
5. Video Makes Your Content More Versalite
Due to its versatility, video content is used in a variety of situations. For example, the most common types of video content include explanatory videos (72%), presentation videos (49%), recommendation videos (48%), promotional videos (42%), and video ads (42%). This type of content works well on both the company’s website and social media platforms. It can be successfully used on different video services and multimedia hosting platforms.
6. Video Increases Customer Loyalty
Video content is the most lively format of communication that helps to build a strong connection between your company/brand and your audience, show what’s happening behind the scene, and earn trust from your customers.
7. Video Grows User Engagement
High-quality video content is a great tool for engaging your audience and launching word of mouth that will bring even more customers to you.
What Makes Video Content Perform At 100% For B2B?
The popular majority of companies include video in their content marketing strategies since it has many benefits for B2B:
- Video is convincing – Users who watched videos were 64% more likely to buy than others (according to ComScore research). Email sales campaigns that include video increase conversion rates by 96% (according to a Get Response review);
- Video is more influential – 59% of business leaders prefer to watch a video over reading text if it can be done on the same page. According to their own data, this year, executives began to watch videos 80% more than a year ago (Forbes data);
- The video makes any content easy to grasp – It provides an opportunity to explain complex things in simple language through a video or show the result of using service;
- Video transforms business image just as you wish – It builds confidence and trust by enhancing the transparency of operations. The value of this for increasing sales, attracting suppliers and new partners is undeniable;
- The video promotes the brand – It strengthens the reputation, enhances its influence, and stimulates the growth of sales and the emergence of new contracts;
- Video helps you create an ideal business model – It provides you with cheap traffic, boosts your conversion by up to 30%, enhances product value, increases trust in the product/company/brand, and creates memorable visualization of your offer.
It is the right time to stop using contextual advertising and search for a target audience in popular social networks only. Act differently and solve problems effectively. Only in this case will you know how to sell a product, and incredible opportunities will open up for your business! All you need to do is to find professional, free video editing software like WeVideo, VSDC, DaVinci Resolve 17 and develop an effective video marketing strategy.
What Videos Should A Business Use?
- Video presentations. This is a video about a new unique product, designed to reveal all the benefits of the product. Video presentations allow you to demonstrate exactly how a new product resolves clients’ issues, and to differentiate yourself from competitors.
- Video reviews. In the video review, the product is presented in all details (functionality, properties, methods of application, dimensions, etc.), not only its USP is considered, as is the case with the video presentation.
- Video instructions. Video tutorials increase brand loyalty like no other video. Perhaps the customer doesn’t know how to properly use your application, or perhaps there are problems opening the product packaging. You should have a video response ready in advance, which can be done using a free screen recorder with no watermark.
- Training videos. This includes guides, workshops, tutorials, tips, and so on. Content with useful information is the foundation of content marketing. Demonstrate your expertise in the video and clients will be drawn to you.
- Life hacks. Life hacks are a subspecies of training videos. These videos usually provide small tips to make life easier.
- All kinds of listings: top products, mistakes, prospects, and so on.
- Entertaining videos. Purely entertainment content is something you can afford if you work in the entertainment industry. However, if you shoot a video with unexpected characters or a denouement and launch a viral ad campaign, then it can bring millions of views and increase brand awareness.
- Image videos. An image clip should form a big picture of what your company is doing, what you make or sell. Voiceover text and high-budget graphics are optional, but the shooting should be of high quality and modern.
Many marketers claim that video content is becoming the most important marketing tool and are increasingly reporting positive results from working with it. We all know that video content is highly effective and popular among a wide audience. In fact, for the fifth year in a row, marketers agree that video is becoming one of the most critical elements as a form of marketing or selling content.
In The State of Video Marketing Benchmark Report of 2019, 83% of respondents emphasized the skyrocketing impact of video on audiences. This once again proves that companies must incorporate video into their marketing strategies; otherwise, they risk being left behind by their competition.