Healthcare is a set of measures and efforts that are made by professional workers in various medical fields to maintain the normal state of physical and psychological health of the population or a certain group of people.
The institutions that operate in the health care industry are called service providers, and the All American Healthcare Center is one of the most sought after by all segments of the population due to its versatility and the professionalism of its core staff.
Main categories of health care
According to the international classification, which is followed by doctors from all developed countries of the world, there are 3 types of healthcare:
- Primary care is the most common type of health care or care service for people who need help.
Such types of assistance include the services of general practitioners (GP doctors), emergency surgical interventions in acute situations.
This service is also expressed in the primary contact with a sick person, in conducting examinations, making a diagnosis, and consulting on the results of tests.
- Secondary care is a general practitioner or support staff who conducted primary examinations, after making a diagnosis, or if any pathologies are suspected, refer the patient to specialized medical staff.
This type of assistance involves the adoption of planned measures to restore the body’s working capacity or to treat a specific disease.
In addition, secondary care includes the services of psychologists, psychiatrists, or neurologists, whose actions are aimed at restoring the emotional background of the patient.
- Tertiary care is a complex of cardinal measures, as a rule, a planned surgical intervention, when intensive therapy can no longer help the patient.
Palliative care can also be indirectly attributed to these services, in the provision of which doctors and nurses do everything possible to maintain the normal life cycle of the patient for a long time, through a complex of therapeutic and surgical measures.
For example, you can give a patient who feels pain in his side. He turns to a general practitioner who conducts an initial consultation and directs the patient for examinations and tests. The test results indicate the need to refer the patient to a surgeon, that is, to a specialist for secondary care.
The profile doctor makes an accurate diagnosis and writes out a referral for hospitalization and urgent surgery to remove the pathology with subsequent rehabilitation, that is, to provide tertiary care.
Related Resource: HEALTHCARE MARKETING GUIDE TO GAIN MORE CUSTOMERS
Who typically provides health care services?
Health care services of various categories in the United States are provided by many organizations, in particular:
- State research centers, specialized federal or municipal hospitals, clinics. These organizations are in high demand due to the constant state support, which provides a very high level of services.
- Private clinics, hospitals, specialized medical centers. One of the areas of business where each patient receives exactly the set of services and the level of comfort for which he pays. These facilities must be licensed, have qualified health professionals, and be periodically accredited by the country or state ministry of health.
- Volunteer organizations for low-income groups of the population – work on a voluntary basis, help many sick people get the maximum amount of medical care, without the need for insurance or paying large bills.
- Special institutions provide assistance at home or in hospices, as well as rehabilitation centers, sanatoriums, or other institutions for the long-term recovery of health.
Given that in America the activities of all medical organizations are strictly regulated at the federal level, the quality of services is provided at a high level. The management of each clinic, as well as all medical staff, are fully responsible for the patient, his state of health, and his future fate.
Requirements for quality health care
High-quality healthcare implies the obligatory fulfillment of the following requirements by specialized and general specialists, medical staff:
- Availability of specialists of all categories to provide effective emergency, planned, or tertiary care to the patient.
- An accredited organization must have special specialists who provide care services for sick or incapacitated people at home, ensuring their comfort and maintaining a satisfactory level of health.
- One of the most important criteria for high-quality health care by professionals is the availability of 24/7 service for emergency care both in the hospital and at home.
- Humane attitude in caring for patients. A medical worker must have such skills as not to cause suffering to the patient both during the provision of emergency care and at the stage of his rehabilitation. This requirement is especially relevant for hopeless patients who receive palliative care.
- Collective problem solving for each patient. Considering that a disease or deterioration in health is often accompanied by concomitant problems and pathologies, several specialized specialists should be involved in the examination and making of third-party diagnoses, as well as in subsequent treatment.
Our organization meets all the requirements listed above, which is confirmed not only by our words but also by many positive reviews from our patients or their relatives.
Related Resource: Benefits of Offshore Testing for the Healthcare Sector
How health services are provided
The procedure for providing healthcare services largely depends on the patient’s condition and the severity of the pathology, based on the diagnosis. Thus, doctors distinguish the following methods of taking care under the patients:
- The patient is admitted on an outpatient basis, in the absence of serious pathologies, injuries, or other disorders that require surgical treatment or intensive care.
- Provision of health care services in a hospital setting. Such assistance includes planned or emergency surgical operations, a deep examination of the body, and complex rehabilitation after serious damage to vital organs.
- Therapeutic supervision at home, subject to sufficient immunity for self-recovery of the body after the disease.
- Care for a temporarily incapacitated patient in a hospital, rehabilitation center, or at home. These types of assistance include the recovery of a patient after a serious pathology or medical intervention.
- Palliative care for the patient to alleviate suffering at the final stages of life. This service is provided in a hospice, or at home, subject to the availability of appropriate equipment, medicines, and other mandatory attributes.
- Psychological assistance to the patient, in case of severe stress, or in the presence of deviations against the background of various concomitant factors. The quality of the service for restoring the mental state of the patient after a severe injury, or in the event of an incurable disease, largely depends on the comfort of a person’s later life.
Our center offers all types of assistance to each patient, regardless of the severity of the pathology and the prescribed treatment. We have a staff of professional specialists who provide care to patients in an outpatient, hospital, hospice, or home setting.
Home Health Services
One of the most important categories of work with seriously ill patients is caring for them at home. As a rule, the following persons belong to this category of patients:
- Patients who need long-term rehabilitation after surgery. Most often, the life and health of such people are no longer in danger, but their body is still weak for self-service.
- People in intensive care. These patients include people with cardiac arrhythmia, patients in the initial stages of cancer, or patients with any abnormalities that require constant or periodic monitoring by professionals.
- Incapacitated elderly patients who are no longer able to serve themselves. Most often, such people refuse to move to special institutions, especially if they have their own home, but at the same time, the next of kin don’t have the opportunity to provide them with qualified assistance.
- Small children with various health pathologies, both physical and mental. Children are often born with heart defects, autism spectrum disorders, or other serious pathologies. They require not just care, but also constant corrective interaction with professional psychologists to improve their pathology in order to ensure their normal personality development.
- Patients who are under intensive medical supervision after an injury.
- Disabled people have lost the ability to move independently due to congenital or acquired pathology of the body.
- People who require treatment, but due to certain circumstances, refused to be hospitalized in a special medical institute.
- Hopeless patients in the last stages of life. These patients include people with end-stage cancer, people who have had a stroke or heart attack, and other categories of terminally ill people.
Our center has a specialized category of nurses and doctors who provide not only physical or medical but also psychological assistance to each patient at home.
All doctors act in strict accordance with the instructions, and their main task, along with maintaining the normal functioning of the body, is to provide the patient with maximum comfort, timely relief from pain, as well as compliance with sanitary and hygienic requirements.