Salvage cars for sale are a great option for those looking to save money and still get the car of their dreams.
We’re here to discuss all the things you need to know about buying a salvage car on ABB – how to find one, what to look for, and how to get the best deal.
Let’s dive right in!
What Is A Salvage Car?
A salvage car is a vehicle that has been damaged in some way, typically in an accident. The damage can be cosmetic or major, but either way, the car is considered “totaled” by auto insurance companies.
This doesn’t mean that the car is not drivable – but it does mean that it will likely need some repairs.
Despite the need for repairs, salvage cars can be a great deal for those looking to save money on their next car purchase. Salvage cars are typically sold at a fraction of the cost of a new or used car, making them a great option for budget-minded shoppers.
Of course, buying a salvage car is not without its risks. The most important thing to remember is that you will likely need to pay for repairs and other maintenance issues.
What Are the Benefits of Buying a Salvage Car?
When it comes to buying a car, most people want to get the best deal possible. Salvage cars make it possible. Here are some of the major reasons why buying a salvage car is a great option:
- Price point: As we mentioned, salvage cars are typically sold at a fraction of the cost of a new or used car. This makes them a great option for budget-minded shoppers.
- You can find your dream car: If you have your heart set on a specific make and model of car, but can’t afford the price tag, buying a salvage car may be the way to go. With salvage cars, you can often find the exact same make and model of the car you want, but at a fraction of the cost.
- You can customize your car: Another great benefit of buying a salvage car is that you can customize it to your liking. With a new or used car, you are stuck with the features that come with it. But with a salvage car, you can add or remove any features you want. This gives you the opportunity to create your perfect car.
Risks of Buying a Salvage Car
Of course, there are also some risks to consider before buying a salvage car. Here are some of the things you need to be aware of:
- You will likely need to pay for repairs out of pocket: As we mentioned, most salvage cars will need some repairs before they are roadworthy. This means that you will likely have to pay for these repairs with your own money. Be sure to factor this into your budget when considering a salvage car.
- The car may have hidden damage: Another risk of buying a salvage car is that the damage may be more extensive than you realize. This is why it is so important to have a professional inspect the car before making a purchase. They will be able to identify any hidden damage that may not be immediately apparent.
- The car may not be roadworthy: Even after you have made all the necessary repairs, there is no guarantee that the car will be roadworthy. This is why it is so important to have a professional inspect the car before making a final decision.
Where To Buy A Salvage Car?
There are a few different places you can look to buy a salvage car.
Here are some of the most popular options:
- Auto auctions: One of the best places to find salvage cars for sale is at an auto auction. Auto auctions typically have a large selection of salvage cars to choose from. And, because there is so much competition, you may be able to get a great deal on the car you want.
- Online: Another great option for finding salvage cars for sale is online. There are a number of websites that specialize in selling salvage cars. This is a great option if you want to be able to compare prices and selection side-by-side.
- Salvage yards: If you want to see the cars in person before making a purchase, you can always visit your local salvage yard. Salvage yards typically have a wide selection of salvage cars to choose from.
Our Picks For The Best Auto Auctions
If you are looking for a great deal on a salvage car, auto auctions are definitely the way to go.
Here are our picks for the best auto auction websites:
- A Better Bid
- Clark County Auto Auction
- Waukegan Auto Auction
- Indiana Auto Auction
If you are looking for a great deal on a salvage car, auto auctions are definitely the way to go. Here are our picks for the best auto auction websites:
1. A Better Bid
A Better Bid is one of the largest online auto auctions and insurance in North America, with a wide selection of salvage cars to choose from.
The company has been in the business for a decade and is one of the most trusted names in the industry; they’ve got one of the largest inventory and lowest buyer’s premiums in the business.
We’ve put A Better Bid in the top spot because they offer a great all-around experience for buyers. And as an online auto auction, overall, it’s just the most convenient and best option out there.
2. Clark County Auto Auction
The Clark County Auto Auction has a 44-acre facility that is open to the public. They have a wide selection of salvage cars to choose from.
And, because they are located in Las Vegas, they also have a large selection of luxury and exotic cars.
The National Auto Auction Association is the largest trade association for auto auctions in the United States.
Because they are a trade association, they have a strict code of ethics that all members must adhere to, ensuring you get a fair deal.
4. Waukegan Auto Auction
The Waukegan Auto Auction is one of the largest auto auctions in Illinois. And, because they are open to the public, you may be able to get a great deal on the car you want.
Waukegan Auto Auction sells cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, and other vehicles.
5. Indiana Auto Auction
The Indiana Auto Auction is one of the largest auto auctions in the Midwest. Located in Fort Wayne, they have a superior inventory of both new and used cars.
Indiana Auto Auction is open to the public and offers a variety of services, including on-site financing, extended warranties, and more.