If you are a person who is an admirer of Reddit, then I am sure you would love to know all the tips and hacks related to the application. Browsing through the pages of Reddit even when the whole world is asleep will definitely harm your eyes due to the rays of the shiny white screen piercing into your eyes. Well, the Reddit dark mode is here in the market to save your eyes from all the trouble. All the enthusiasts can now rejoice as this updated version of Reddit is available for iPhone, and Android users, as well as is applicable on other browsers.
A Little About Reddit
Reddit is among the top social media platforms as the likes of Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. It is basically a website that hosts social news aggregations, web content ratings, and other discussions for its users. The application has also recently included a Livestream feature in its database. It was founded by Aaron Schwartz, Alexis Ohanian, and Steve Huffman, who were roommates at the University of Virginia.
The website was, however, acquired under the parent company Advance Publications in 2011. The mechanism of Reddit works in a way that allows users to post content such as images, texts, links, and videos. These posts are then voted up or down by other users. The posts are arranged into communities or subreddits that are user-created boards and cover a variety of topics such as politics, science, movies, news, latest updates, books, sports, fitness, cooking, entertainment, and so on.
Content with more up-votes shown towards the top of their subreddit and eventually to the site’s front page. The Reddit dark mode update is that one feature that every user is thirsting for these days. Let us gradually understand how we can use it.
Why Enable Dark Mode?
I am sure you are aware of the dark mode themes on your mobile phones and other mobile applications. The dark mode version of Reddit has come to be known as the Reddit Night Mode. The Reddit dark mode exhibits a black theme instead of a bright white one. It is extremely pleasant for users who love to scroll through the app late at night while the lights are out.
In a basic sense, by enabling the night mode theme, the app screen turns black with every element being visible. Many of you going through this article will be intrigued with the question as to why one should use night mode? Let me elucidate on what benefits can the Reddit dark mode provide. Several harmful UV rays are emitted from our mobile screens or PCs that are quite harmful to our eyes.
These tend to damage the eyes gradually and cause sleep disorders and other issues. However, when you apply the dark mode, it prevents or reduces the emission of these harmful rays. It won’t affect your eyes and will keep the brain functioning positively. The dark mode consumes lesser charge, and your phone battery won’t possibly drain out anytime soon. Such advantages make the night mode theme very popular and a good-to-use feature on this website.
How To Enable Dark Mode?
If you want to enable Reddit dark mode then you can follow these steps to do it. Here you will get different platforms, so you can choose your preferred option and get the dark theme using the steps.
- Open any browser.
- Search for Reddit and land on the site.
- After you log in with your account details, tap on the downwards pointing arrow beside the profile avatar on the upper-right edge.
- Under the view options, you will find the night mode option.
- Switch the button.
- Reddit Dark Mode has been turned on now.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Search for and open the Reddit website.
- After logging in, head straight towards your profile avatar on the upper right corner of the page.
- As you click on the avatar, a box of several options will open up.
- Find the dark mode button and click on it.
- Your Reddit Dark Mode Chrome has now been enabled.
#On Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Launch the Reddit website.
- Here again, on the upper right-hand corner, you will be able to view an arrow pointing downwards.
- As soon as you click on it, a bar appears with the night mode and several other options and features.
- Switch the night mode button.
- It is now ready to use.
- Launch the Reddit app on your android phone.
- The app will require you to log in by entering your account details.
- As soon as you get logged in, you will find an avatar icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- A box of menus will appear just when you click on the icon.
- Towards the bottom of the list, try to look for the settings option.
- Just beside the settings, you will find a moon-shaped icon.
- Click on this icon to enable Reddit dark mode.
- Get your iPhone and launch the Reddit app on it.
- Enter your login details to get into your account.
- Quite similar to the android system, here also you will find the profile avatar or photo on the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the icon to view the menu options.
- Again, look for the settings feature.
- Right next to it lies the moon-shaped icon.
- Click on the icon, and you will be able to use the Reddit dark mode successfully.
I hope I could clear all your doubts about how you can enable Reddit dark mode. The importance of this feature of Reddit is significant. It not only makes the app look funkier but also proves to be beneficial for your health. The best part about using this attribute is that it is extremely easy to launch and enable and does not require any heft measures to operate.
You just need to put a bit of pressure on your fingers while going through the few clicks. That’s it! If you are a regular user of the app, using dark mode will be the best choice for you. If you aren’t, no worries, you can download the app today and get started with it.