Welcome to the vibrant world of Etsy, where creativity knows no bounds! If you’re wondering, “What to sell on Etsy?” you’re in the right place. This article will unravel the top 25 things to sell on Etsy! So, if that is something that you were searching for, I have you covered!
Whether you’re a seasoned Etsy seller or a newbie exploring the marketplace, these clusters of unique and sought-after items will guide you in crafting a shop that stands out. Let’s dive into the Etsy essentials and discover what makes each creation a must-have in the eclectic world of online commerce.
What to Sell on Etsy?
You can sell many things on Etsy, depending on your skills, interests, and preferences. Etsy allows you to sell handmade goods, vintage items, and craft supplies. Some of the popular categories and niches on Etsy are:
- Jewelry: Jewelry is one of the most popular and profitable categories on Etsy. You can sell various types of jewelry, such as beads, pins, pendants, rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and more.
- Clothing and accessories: Clothing and accessories are another popular category on Etsy. You can sell items such as shirts, dresses, sweaters, hats, scarves, bags, wallets, belts, and more. You can also sell personalized or customized items like monogrammed or embroidered products.
- Home and living: Home and living products can enhance your home’s comfort and beauty. You can sell items such as pillows, rugs, wall hangings, candles, mugs, coasters, planters, and more. You can also sell items that are related to specific occasions, such as weddings, birthdays, holidays, and more.
- Art and collectibles: Art and collectibles are items that can express your creativity and passion. You can sell items such as paintings, prints, posters, stickers, books, comics, cards, and more. You can also sell items that are related to specific fandoms, such as movies, TV shows, games, comics, and more
If you were looking for ideas. I have you covered! Here are over twenty business ideas for you to sell on Etsy. Check them out:
Etsy is a great place to sell handmade stuff. Here are some of the things that you can do:
1. Customized Jewelry
Imagine offering personalized necklaces or bracelets. Etsy shoppers adore unique pieces that speak to their individuality.
2. Artistic Home Décor
From hand-painted throw pillows to whimsical wall art, Etsy buyers love adding a touch of artistry to their living spaces.
3. Crafted Candles
Scented or shaped, candles are hot on Etsy. They bring ambiance and style to any home – plus, who can resist a beautifully crafted candle?
4. Crochet & Knitted Wonders
Cozy scarves, funky hats, or even custom blankets – the possibilities are endless. Cater to the cozy-loving crowd!
5. Vintage-inspired Fashion
Channel your inner retro guru by creating vintage-inspired clothing or accessories. Nostalgia sells like hotcakes on Etsy.
Did you know that people who sell printables have made huge amounts of money on Etsy since 2020? Yes, that’s right! Here are some of the things that you can sell here:
6. Digital Art Prints
Designing stunning digital art prints lets you tap into the demand for affordable yet chic wall art. It’s a win-win for both you and your customers.
7. Planner Templates
Organizational wizards unite! Create planner templates that help people stay on top of their game.
8. Custom Invitations
Wedding season? Birthday bash? Craft customized invitations that make every event a memorable one.
9. Quirky Stickers
Stickers are all the rage. People love expressing themselves with cute, quirky stickers, Whether for laptops, water bottles, or journals.
10. Printable Quotes
Share your favorite quotes in a visually appealing way. Inspirational quotes, funny quips – Etsy buyers can’t get enough!
From Tees to Denim, Etsy is a great place to sell wearables. Here are some examples or ideas that you can follow:
11. Graphic Tees
Turn your creativity into a walking canvas. Graphic tees with unique designs are a staple for any Etsy wardrobe.
12. Embroidered Apparel
Personalized clothing with intricate embroidery. From monograms to fun patterns, allow your customers to wear art.
13. Boho Chic Accessories
Embrace the bohemian trend with handmade accessories like dreamcatcher earrings, beaded bracelets, and more.
14. Upcycled Denim
Transform old jeans into trendy denim accessories or clothing. Sustainability meets style in this Etsy favorite.
15. Personalized Pet Accessories
Don’t forget our furry friends! Customized pet collars, bandanas, or even pet portraits – Etsy shoppers adore spoiling their pets.
Craft Supplies Corner
There is absolutely no age to get crafty! And that is the reason why you will have a great range of…
16. Unique Fabric Prints
If you’re a textile wizard, create and sell unique fabric prints. Etsy crafters love adding distinctive patterns to their projects.
17. DIY Craft Kits
Help fellow craft enthusiasts by offering DIY craft kits. It’s like a creativity-in-a-box experience delivered to their doorstep.
18. Specialty Yarn
Cater to the knitting and crochet community by offering specialty yarn in vibrant colors and textures.
19. Handmade Soap Making Kits
Clean up in the Etsy market with DIY soap-making kits. It’s a bubbly, aromatic venture that customers can enjoy.
20. Eco-Friendly Craft Supplies
Sustainability is key! Offer eco-friendly crafting materials to tap into the growing demand for environmentally conscious choices.
Last but not least, there is a huge scope for people who want t run their tech business on Etsy! Here are some of the ideas that you can try on the platform:
21. Custom Phone Cases
Let creativity shine on the most personal item people own – their phones. Custom cases with unique designs are a hit.
22. Personalized Tech Accessories
Add a personal touch to everyday tech items, from laptop sleeves to mousepads.
23. Smart Home Décor
Merge creativity with technology by crafting smart home accessories. Think of handmade device stands, charging stations, or tech-savvy artwork.
24. Gamer Gear
Calling all gamers! Design and sell unique gaming accessories or merchandise that cater to the gaming community’s passion.
25. Tech-themed Jewelry
Combine fashion and tech with jewelry inspired by gadgets or computer components. It’s a quirky niche that appeals to tech enthusiasts.
Early Trends for 2024 on Etsy That You Need to Catch on!
Now that you know what to sell on Etsy, you might wonder about starting your business on the platform as soon as possible! Well, I have something for you!
Here are some of the early trends for 2024 to sell on Etsy:
- Romancecore: This style features soft, gentle, and whimsical elements, such as floral prints, lace, ruffles, and pastel colors. It is especially popular for Valentine’s Day gifts, decor, clothing, and accessories.
- Denim Decor: Denim is a staple not only for fashion but also for home decor. Denim items such as pillows, rugs, wall hangings, and even furniture can add a cozy and casual touch to any room.
- Charmed Jewelry: Jewelry with charms, pendants, and beads is a versatile and personalized way to accessorize. Shoppers can choose from themes such as zodiac signs, animals, initials, or hobbies.
- Dragon Trend: Dragons are a mythical and majestic motif that can appeal to fans of fantasy, folklore, and gaming. Dragon-themed products include sculptures, figurines, jewelry, stickers, and clothing.
- Axolotl Trend: Axolotls are adorable aquatic creatures that have gained popularity as pets and online memes. They are also featured on many Etsy products, such as plushies, mugs, shirts, and earrings.
These are just some of the trends that I found, but there are many more to explore. You can also check out Etsy’s blog for more insights and tips on selling on Etsy in 2024.
How to Become An Etsy Seller?
So, are you ready to be a part of the Etsy world? Well, there is still something left for you to learn. And THAT is about how to become a seller on Etsy.
There can be many questions on your mind— from licenses to shipping. I have you covered!
Here are some of the main steps and best practices for becoming an Etsy seller, according to my web search results:
1. Open Your Etsy Account
2. Choose a Shop Name
Your shop name is how customers will find and remember you on Etsy. It should be unique, catchy, and relevant to your products. You can change your shop name later, but choosing a good one from the start is better.
3. Create Your Product Listings
A product listing is how you showcase your items to potential buyers. You must add each product’s photos, descriptions, prices, and other details. You can create up to 50 listings for $0.20 each.
4. Set Up Your Payment And Billing Details
You need to choose how you will accept payments from customers and how you will pay your fees to Etsy. Etsy Payments is the preferred way to get paid on Etsy, as it allows you to accept various payment methods, such as credit cards, PayPal, and gift cards. You must also add your billing information, such as your bank account or credit card, to pay your fees to Etsy.
5. Customize Your Shop Storefront
Your storefront is the first impression customers will have of your brand. You can customize it by adding a banner, a logo, an announcement, a bio, and policies. You can also organize your products into categories and collections to make them easier to browse.
6. Market Your Shop
You must promote your shop and products to attract more customers and increase your sales. You can use various marketing strategies like SEO, social media, email marketing, ads, coupons, and more. Also, you can join the Etsy community and participate in events, forums, and teams to network with other sellers and buyers.
7. Manage Your Shop
Once you start selling on Etsy, you must manage your orders, inventory, customer service, and feedback. You can use the Etsy app or the Sell on Etsy app to manage your shop on the go. You can also use various tools and resources provided by Etsy, such as analytics, reports, education, and support, to improve your shop performance and grow your business.
Wrapping It Up!
Finding your niche is the key to unlocking success in the kaleidoscope of Etsy possibilities. Armed with the knowledge of top-selling items on Etsy, you’re ready to embark on a journey where passion meets profit. Remember, Etsy isn’t just a marketplace; it’s a canvas for your imagination.
So, infuse your creations with authenticity, whether you’re curating handmade wonders, diving into the digital art realm, or exploring the tech treasures niche. Now, armed with insights on what to sell on Etsy, go ahead, set up shop, and let your entrepreneurial spirit soar. Happy selling, and may your Etsy journey be as unique as your creations!