The parallelogram is a two-dimensional shape whose sides are parallel to each other, and this particular type of polygon will have four sides. The pair of parallel sides will always be equal in length, and the interior opposite angles of the parallelogram will also be equal in terms of measurement. Hence, the sum of adjacent angles of the parallelogram will always be equal to 180°.
The three-dimensional shape that has its faces in the form of a parallelogram is always known as the parallelepiped. The area of the parallelogram will always depend upon the base as well as the height of it, and the perimeter of the parallelogram will always depend upon the length of four sides.
What Does Parallelogram Represent In Mathematics?
In the world of mathematics, there are several kinds of two-dimensional shapes, for example, Circle, square, rectangle, rhombus, and several other options. Every shape comes with a different set of properties in the whole process.
The area and perimeter formula of all these shapes will also vary from each other and can be perfectly utilized to solve many problems.
The parallelogram is the quadrilateral. Which will have two pairs of parallel sides, and opposite sides of the parallelogram will be equal in length. And opposite angles will also be equal in terms of measurement.
The interior angles of the same side of the transversal are supplementary, and the sum of interior angles of the parallelogram will be equal to 360°. Because of the resemblance in terms of properties, the square and rectangle are also considered the parallelogram type only.
Are The Rhombus And Parallelograms Same?
In the case of a rhombus, if all the sides of the parallelogram are equal and congruent, then it will be termed a rhombus. On the other hand, if there is one parallel side and the other two sides are not parallel, then it can be considered the trapezium category.
Square rectangle, rhomboid, rhombus, and the trapezium are also known as special parallelograms because of their resemblance in terms of properties, and the best benefit is that everything has its own unique characteristics.
The Properties Of Parallelogram
Geometrically the value of the parallelogram is undeniable. Among all geometrical structures, only this structure needs more measurements before starting drawing. Not only the side of the parallelogram. You have to measure the individual angle of the parallelogram precisely.
Here are the properties of a parallelogram.
- The opposite sides of the parallelogram are parallel as well as congruent
- The opposite angles are congruent
- The consecutive angles are supplementary
- If any of the angles is a right angle, then all the other angles will also be the right angle.
- Two diagonals of the parallelogram will be bisecting each other
- Every diagonal will be by setting the parallelogram to do congruent triangles
- The Sum of squares of all the sides of the parallelogram will be equal to the sum of the squares of the diagonals, and it is also known as the law of parallelogram.
- The formulas associated with the area and perimeter of the parallelogram will always be very much helpful in terms of ensuring that kids will be able to deal with things very professionally. The area of the parallelogram refers to the base into height, and the perimeter of the parallelogram will be the sum of all the sides of the parallelogram.
Hence, the kids need to be clear about all the above-mentioned basic properties and categorization of the parallelogram. So that they never get confused when solving the questions.
Further, being clear about the calculation associated with the area of a parallelogram is significant in the whole process. There is no hassle at any point in time, and everything has been professionally carried out.
Depending upon the experts from the house of Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that people have a good command over the entire process of dealing with shapes and parallelograms and will never face any kind of issue throughout the process.