How Long Is Walmart Orientation? – Getting shortlisted for a job is exceptionally tedious. Especially with companies that have a strict hiring process, the entire system can be too extensive. For example, Walmart has a much larger and diversified field of job applicants. It is because thousands of people apply for different positions each year.
If you are one of the many candidates applying, you must consider what is Walmart orientation like. Nevertheless, one of the best things about orientation at Walmart is that its system is pretty flexible and hassle-free. But one of the key points that you need to know before preparing is ” how long is Walmart Orientation? “
The guide will talk about the duration of the orientation at Walmart. In addition, we will highlight some other crucial information about the hiring process of Walmart.
The Background Of The Company Walmart
Don’t you want to know about the organization where you are going to attend the orientation program? I am sure you would love to know about your future employer. So before we jump directly on to ” how long is Walmart Orientation? ” let me take you through a brief organizational background.
Walmart is an American Multinational retail entity operating a chain of grocery stores, department stores in the United States. The origin of the company dates back to 1962 when Sam Walton founded it in Arkansas.
As per the data updated on 30th April 2021, there are 10526 clubs and stores in 24 countries across the globe. Walmart is the largest business in the world in terms of its revenue – US $548.743 million.
Furthermore, it is the largest private non-government employer in the world, with approximately 2.2 million employees. Some of the company’s products are clothing, footwear, toys, health and beauty, and hypermarkets.
What Is An Orientation And Some Essential Facts About Orientation?
Orientation programs aim to familiarize future employees with a new work environment, workflow structure, and system. In addition, it allows them to connect with the work responsibilities and build a relationship with their peers.
At the time of orientation, the supervisor assists the employees to get familiarized with the entire organizational functions. It involves work areas, colleagues as well as company culture.
In an orientation session, employees are given opportunities to interrogate their mentors about different work-related aspects. This adds value to their work culture and organizational productivity as well.
What Are The Hiring Stages In Walmart?
How long is an orientation at Walmart? To get a perfect answer to this question, it is necessary first to clear the concept of the onboarding process. So let us have a look at each step one by one:
1. The Application
Walmart receives exclusively online applications. You can fill up the application form at home or any hiring campaign. The whole process could take up to 1 hour, depending on how fast you can gather your documents. You can find the form on the Careers page of the official website of Walmart.
2. The Online Assessment
The second step is an online assessment. The structure and pattern of the evaluation will depend on the type of job role. Follow the instructions on the screen carefully before selecting or writing any answer.
3. The First Interview
Walmart chooses the best candidate out of 3 after interviewing each of them at one go. As a result, you may face tricky, multi-faceted questions from interviewers.
4. The Second Interview
Once the team shortlists you in the first interview, you will get a call from the HR team for the second interview round. This round comprises 3-4 interviewers who critically analyze your skills and abilities.
5. The Orientation
You can expect a call for your orientation after clearing the Walmart drug test and walmart background check.
The Details Of The Onboarding Process In Walmart
Have you got selected by Walmart despite having an upcoming event? We are pretty much sure that you are bothered about whether you can attend the orientation successfully. That’s why we have brought the complete details about how long is Walmart orientation.
Knowing the duration of orientation at Walmart is ineffective if you have zero ideas about what happens at Walmart orientation. It is the reason why we have narrated the entire activities that will occur on your orientation day. Read the below segment of ” Walmart orientation what to expect ” carefully so that you can schedule your plans without any overlap.
Walmart Orientation In 2022
In all of its 2022 orientation batches, Walmart is paying all of its employees. In addition, the entire schedule of the orientation day in including sales training, communication training, introduction to company culture, dress codes guidance, etc.
- Bonus Point: Does Going To Walmart’s Orientation Mean You Got The Job?
Yes, it means you have cracked all the stages of the recruitment procedure at Walmart. However, there are still chances of getting disqualified if you are unable to clear all the documentation stages in this orientation. For example, a number of candidates fail in the drug test round. As for this reason ” Does Walmart drug test at orientation? ” is a popularly searched query on Google.
What Time Does Walmart orientation Begin?
In Walmart, there is no specific timing for starting the orientation. However, mostly, it happens in the morning shift since most of the leaders remain on duty at that time. You can expect the Walmart orientation to happen between 8 A.M. in the morning and noon.
Walmart Orientation What To Expect?
Here is a detailed explanation of what happens at Walmart orientation:
- The procedure of orientation lasts for three days. The first two days revolve around paperwork, videos, and a basic idea about the organization. Walmart Background check happens at this stage as well. Nonetheless, you are not alone in this process. There will be a lot more people along with your supervisors.
- Furthermore, the third day of orientation will encompass a series of computer-based training modules. They are Case-Based Learning, aka CBL. One crucial module among them is Alcohol Compliance which will present several dos and don’ts concerning alcohol consumption.
- Each of these modules teaches you what it’s like to be a part of Walmart. Moreover, after the successful completion of the modules, there would be a quiz.
- If you do not get the minimum score on the quiz, you have to repeat it as long as you do. Have you noticed how systematic the orientation process is? Indeed it is.
The onboarding structure of Walmart is so well-structured that you will automatically gain a sense of trust once you place your first step via orientation. We often receive questions regarding how long is Walmart orientation for an overnight stocker?. This stage lasts for three days for any job, whereas it takes up to 8-9 hours each day.
I hope what happens at Walmart Orientation is now crystal clear to you. You should be ready now to rock the interview and come out with flying colors.
Read Also: Walmart Pharmacy – Latest Reviews And News
Which Topics You Will Learn In The Walmart Orientation?
Walmart orientation includes a long day of classes and training. These are as follows:
- Company policies and expectations
- Understanding the benefits of working at Walmart
- Practicing the required skills through modules
- Improvising the communication skills
- Sales training
- Workplace Safety and Employee Protection Training
- Safeguarding Intellectual property training
Some Real-Life Opinions Regarding What Happens At Walmart Orientation
By researching the opinions of several successful candidates, we have gathered the following opinions. What should you expect at Walmart Orientation?
- You may have a meet & greet session with some managers, take a tour of the store, and complete the computerized training courses. There is compensation for orientation. Yes, but it’ll probably definitely be for a pittance. There is a two-week completely reimbursable training program.
- For the orientation day, you should dress accordingly. Examine how current employees dress. Although the dress code has somewhat eased, you should still be modest because you’re still in training. Closed-toe shoes, no filthy or tattered apparel, and a clean appearance. You might want to bring some paper and a pen to write down some thoughts of the day.
Recent Walmart News
There are some more facts to know in addition to learning how long is orientation at Walmart:
- Walmart and Walmart.org are helping African Americans and other minorities get access to educational facilities.
- Walmart Responds to Changing Needs by Increasing Health Care Benefits for Employees in the United States.
- Update from the Walmart.org Center for Racial Equity: Using Education to Create Career Pathways
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How Long Is Walmart Orientation?
The Walmart orientation procedure is neither so lengthy nor so short. More or less, the entire procedure lasts for three days on average. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, the Walmart orientation timeline may extend up to 4-5 days.
Q2. What Do I Wear For Walmart Orientation?
Dresscode is too vital while going for an interview or orientation. Especially, when it comes to Walmart orientation, you have to give special attention to your dress code. For example, any light-colored solid collared shirt is acceptable with solid black or grey trousers. Logos, pictures, graphic designs, vibrant colors, etc are strictly forbidden.
Q3. Does Walmart Drug Test At Orientation?
If you get finally selected to join your position at Walmart, you will receive an employment offer letter within a few days. In the letter, steps like drug screening, pre-employment checks, criminal verification, etc are applicable.
The Bottom Line
How long is Walmart orientation – We hope that all your queries have been clarified in this guide.
After coming across all the vital pieces of information about Walmart’s orientation and hiring procedure, you must feel confident enough by now. If the team has already selected you, sit back and relax. You will be getting an official communication about the orientation planning. Also, start scheduling your other commitments.
On the contrary, those who are yet to apply to hurry up and start the procedure. All the very best to you, and I wish you an incredible Walmart Journey ahead.
You May Also Like:
Saili Ganguly is a content developer both by passion and profession. She loves to travel, read extensively and observe whatever happening all around. Her favourite niches are technology, travel, health & fitness and beauty. She is an expert in creating SEO friendly content as well. At present she is working with a firm as a content executive.